11/27/10

black friday at LACMA
















Chain mail and goldfish come together for a limited time only at the Urban Light Sculpture at the Los Angeles Museum of Art! This sweater feels like soft metal all knitted together. It is by Nancy Pollack from the 70's - thank you to my mother-in-law for cleaning out her closet. The goldfish locket, I saved from my mom's jewelry box. I have memories of going into her jewelry box, opening this fish and smelling the amber perfume inside. I love things that surprise you when they open. I feel like I am going to dance in a 70's disco in NY after I have gone horseback riding, of course. Oh, and the boots are from a thrift store in Milwaukee.

6 comments:

  1. This woman is fabulous!!! What style and elegance; what great clothes. AND the BOOTS! Don't get me started . . . !!!!!

    I "want what she has". Panache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the other visitors got confused and thought you were a part of the exhibition. Probably one of the best artworks there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's just not fair to the other patrons when you walk in like that. How are they supposed to know what to look at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody wants what she has! She is force... and so stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Really great sweater/tunic thing and necklace!

    ReplyDelete